The course teaches employees safe practices in the use and maintenance of equipment required to ensure they are working safely at height. Working at height can be working alongside a trench to working on platforms, scaffolds and ladders. Not only can people fall, but also equipment and materials, causing harm and injury.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
* Understand the dangers of working at height
* Review the current working at height legislation
* Recognize both the worker’s and employer’s responsibilities
* Understand the hierarchy of control and conduct a risk assessment
* Identify how to avoid working at height wherever possible and minimize risk of falls